Novaya Gazeta "Zoya YEROSHOK visited America
and spent ten nights with the poet Naum Korzhavin ...
Korzhavin very sick. Over the past год — четыре операции, а в нынешнее Рождество, 7 января, — еще одна, очень долгая и очень сложная. Звоню накануне, он так грустно: «Деточка, меня завтра искромсают…» But how long can not complain, and immediately switch detail asks for the verdict against Khodorkovsky and Lebedev, the arrest Nemcova ... In this connection, about the chief country - the sadness: "Like they do not understand: this is a violation of the order. That order, which is needed by all. Including Putin. "
«Not Sui Me, Lord, where mene do not ask. "
This prayer Elder Nicolae immediately catches the eye when you walk into Boston apartment Korzhavina and his wife Luban.
I came to America before the New Year together with Lucy Polshakovoy. In the Moscow home of Lucy and her husband Alexei Farsi Korzhavin lived when he came to Russia. The last two years because of disease has not arrived.
Korzhavina hug and say: "If the mountain will not come to Magomed ...." He laughs and hooligans: "If the mountain will not come to Mohammed, then went to this mountain on the X .... "
On the issue of health says: "I feel one's age and era."
And somehow not on purpose, but spontaneously to our conversation over a cup Tea begins with the era. And with the very long.
Behind the glass bookcase - Student Photo Korzhavina. Funny, touching, with a forelock, eyes on half his face.
«I'm here twenty-two years. This is a photo of my "business" in the Lubyanka. "
«Seven years ago at the Lubyanka gave us to see his" business "- explains Lyuba. - Fits in there, and Emochka says: "Oh! Long time I was not here. " And when I saw this picture and his student a handwritten notebook of poems 1944-1947 years, exclaimed: "Thank you mother GB, that all these have".
«I was arrested on Dec. 20, 1947. It turns out, was a day security officer. Brought to the Lubyanka at eight o'clock in the morning. There, where the Kuznetsk Bridge entrance. By on the street, some people go. And these people are so carefully looked at me. I went with wicker basket instead of suitcases. "
the Lubyanka stayed for ten months.
about this infamous building is rumored that deep down there are more stories than up.
"Everything is possible - says Korzhavin - but I was mostly just inside. - And after a pause: - I wrote there are two such lines: "Sexual promiscuity cats eaves Lubyanka windows.
sighs: "And then I was a Stalinist."
Lyuba almost force water them Korzhavina Chinese tea and says with pride: "From This tea Emochka younger, and had even the hairs on your head begin to grow. " Korzhavin snarls: "I'm getting ready to groom ...". Singing, playing the fool: "When Lenin was little, with curly hair ... ". Lyuba: "Well, like tea?" Korzhavin: "The former was worse."
«And I stopped being a Stalinist, no, not at the Lubyanka, and in 1948 in Siberia. It was the most importantly my release. Because communism is - misleading. And Stalinism - erasure of personality.
I continued to be a Stalinist for very long. And sincere. That somehow intrinsically complicated my relationship with people. I have not crossed over to the jailers, no! But that's what was in me: the highest - it's difficult to separate Stalin's support in this matter, as the world revolution ... it must be hard to maintain that he is a wiser won the revolution ... Well, and so on ... All those arrested hated Stalin, and it seemed to me melkotravchatym. I have maintained their lofty views.
Well, then, when I came to this link, it was in October 1948, after anti-Semitic campaign, which, of course, insult me, I was uncomfortable, this struggle with the Jews, but because I have all sacrificed for the sake of world revolution, and it is - the anti-Semitism - was agreed. And so it went until the day when, in reference (d Chumakov Novosibirsk region) I went to the library and began to view the newspaper from publishing on cosmopolitanism. And so I read, read ... All this was not generally somewhere, and in my professional the literary department, where I knew everyone. And it turned out that Sofronov (playwright, with the 1953rd editor of Ogonyok. - ZE) and his company, all these same incompetent people seems to be right ... And then I asked myself: what remains? And he gave himself an answer, direct and precise: nothing! Wrong to think that communism was destroyed in the restructuring. No! Communism was destroyed by Stalin in 1937. Only such fools as I supported him. And then I realized: nothing. And he was such a relief ... Do not need to justify, manipulate the facts ...
I've seen around a lot of people who suffered from Stalin. And I tried to convince ourselves internally, that is values that are above their suffering. And now I have lost the need to justify what can not be justified. This is a very simplified my relationships with people. That is, they (the people) was bad, and I knew it was bad.
And anyway, this liberation from Stalin was less informative than the liberation from communism, but still very meaningful to me: then I became a man.
Communism, I repeat, this is a mistake, and Stalinism - not misleading. Stalinism - voluntary slavery. Comprehensive. And - ogluplenie people. And so from that I was free.
And there, in the village Chumakov surrounding farmers, they are correctly understood. We with friends joked: In this village one plant is not necessary, but just have to surround with wire, put the time and towers. What are they saying these people! Well, for example, in a savings bank local guys asked me: "Hey, are you from?" I said: "From Moscow." "And what were you doing there?" - "I've learned." - "Where?" - "In the Literary Institute." - "Are you a writer, eh?" - "Yes." - "Will you write about us - even more will be sent. Or this woman head of the local GB screaming groom, who is not her first water brought home: "What are you, you bastard, I forgot, we have saved you from the farm? Here comes Nick (her husband) from a business trip, I'll tell him we'll back to the farm surrender, die there! "She screamed it to the entire village."
Lyuba brings a whole Zhmenya tablets: "Em! This all should get to you .... " Korzhavin drink "it all" and the rumbling in Luban: "a manic kind of ...".
«Now the problem of preservation of civilization. Everywhere. And in Russia, and throughout the world. I am very concerned about the state of civilization. I believe that poetry, and literature here play a big role. "
phone rings. This korzhavinskaya daughter Helen. She and her husband Misha at a conference in South Africa. "Hello, sun, - says Korzhavin daughter. - How are lions treat you well? »
After talking with her daughter, continued:" We must return at least a cult of love. Because that the cult of love turned into a cult of sex. About Love, they say, just as about sex. This is not civilization. It strips people. And purely intellectually, in the sense of literature is too important technique. All I hear on TV (Korzhavin quite blind, and so the TV just to listen. - ZE), it's about the fact how to succeed, that's only about success, success, success ... But I do not recall such conversations in Pushkin. Why is this so all the touches - a success? It's pretty boring. It is important to think about that, as correctly as better ... but not as to attract attention. Of course, if you live and write, and you have no attention - it's bad. Humanly clearly, yes. But it's not important! Importantly - be yourself, something in itself to bear, something useful to you yourself and others ... »
And - after a pause:" I loved you so sincerely, as gently as you let God be loved .... " It is today unclear. But without that it is impossible, the foundation of our civilization - the love and high feelings ... And do not cult emotions instead of emotions. "
about his health: "I've had many a hard life, but now I depend on his own belly." A minute later - laughing: "I say me: "You, old dick, lived to be 85 years old, so do not bark ...»
Lyuba again rummaged in the cupboard, finds a relic: a great student notebook with poems Korzhavina, written by hand. The same one from lubyankovskogo "cause."
Moves notebook. Read aloud poems. On the line "... and in the nomad tents with snow real women do not go for us ... "I say:" Well, I think this history, past, and once again become a modern ...».
Korzhavin: "And where do you go for Khodorkovsky?" Lyuba: "Zoe! Release him? "(Conversation - to sentencing of Mikhail Khodorkovsky.)
Korzhavin because Khodorkovsky is experiencing:" Judging by everything, how it behaves, it is very valuable people want. There is little in all countries. In Russia - as well. And it must be that he lived and worked. Because he - share capital of the country. And would not be sitting in jail and forced to would have been to prove that he is not a camel. "
five years ago gave Korzhavin Filippovna Marina and Boris M. Khodorkovsky, a book of his poems, and I remember (so been a long time), as no call Marina Filippovna she says proudly: "You know what I'm doing now? Read Korzhavina. And sometimes she read poems korzhavinskie directly during the sessions of the first trial of his son. These poems helped her absolutely real - as individuals, or even more people.
A Korzhavin himself in his memoir * wrote that when he came into the chamber of Lubyanka, he found there a volume of War and Peace. " At first read is not pulled. But then picked up one of the volumes and opened at random page. And he could not tear myself away.
«... I just started to live again. Following on from Leo Tolstoy and the novel's characters, understanding them and sympathizing with their experiences, I gradually also began to feel, and - if not mental, then sensibly - to recognize ourselves in the same man, not a meaningless chips, the cost of history. \u0026lt;...> Thank God that our torturers did not understand the healing effects of good books. "
be continued
Original
0 comments:
Post a Comment